AM I A CANDIDATE?
EpiLasik and LASIK performed at our New York facility are laser vision correction methods to eliminate or reduce your dependency on glasses and contact lenses. The procedure is brief (less than 10 minutes), painless (anesthesia is with drops only), and you may generally return to work within a day or two. The majority of patients who are a proper candidate obtain 20/20 vision after the procedure is completed.
TO BE A CANDIDATE FOR LASER CORRECTION PROCEDURES, YOU MUST:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be nearsighted or farsighted and/or have a low level of astigmatism
- Have relatively stable vision over the last 18 months
- Have a healthy cornea
- Have no evidence of collagen vascular, autoimmune or immunodeficiency disease
MEDICAL CONTRAINDICATIONS TO PRK AND LASIK INCLUDE:
- History of herpes infection of the eye
- Collagen vascular diseases (i.e. Lupus)
THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT MEDICAL CONTRAINDICATIONS TO THE PROCEDURE:
- Well controlled hypertension
- Well controlled diabetes